Training module #1
KNOW YOUR FACTS
The purpose of this training module is to build a solid knowledge foundation about food, farms and forests through a sustainability lens, and encourage you to practice core competence #1 - Global & Systemic mindset.
A global and systemic mindset is all about the ability to always use a systems thinking approach. Systems thinking is particularly useful in addressing complex or wicked problem situations, like to shape a sustainable food system.
Some questions to get you started:
- What does a Global & Systemic Mindset mean for you, both in general and in your everyday life?
- What are your strengths in regards to this core competence? What do you need to practice?
- Would you be able to explain systems thinking to a fellow student?
- What do you actually know regarding the reality of food, farms and forests in Sweden?
TO COMPLETE THIS MODULE - DO THIS!
For this module we ask you to:
Watch: The live recording of the ASAP Kickoff 2020 on Youtube AND the Q&A with Jens Berggren, Sustainability Expert at LRF. Links will be provided when you sign up.
NOTE: If you participated live at the ASAP Kickoff 2020 on September 24th you can go directly to the Progress form and check off this module.
More resources and inspiration:
- Introduction to the Iceberg, a systems thinking model
- Youtube clip on Examples of systems thinking “Cats in Borneo”
- Youtube clip explaining social-ecological systems by Stockholm Resilience Center
- Presentation we found online explaining systems thinking
- Youtube video on Systems thinking in design
HOW TO MAKE IT COUNT
Are you interested in getting your Certificate of Completion for ASAPs Sustainability Leadership Training? And be eligible for the selection ASAP Leaders 2021? If that is the case, you need to complete all 4 modules.
In order to receive points for this module you need to go to the Progress Form and check the box for completion and follow the instructions for that particular module. A link to the Progress Form is sent out as soon as you sign up to be a part of the journey, using your email. You can save and update your Progress Form at any time.Sign up and get the material!