Do you want to
your sustainability skills?
Become an ASAP Leader!
Could a few days with ASAP be "a life-changing experience"? Yes, at least if you ask some of the selected future sustainability leaders that we gathered in Stockholm back in November 2018. Now you have the possibility become one of the selected ASAP Leaders - the students in Sweden with the most promising sustainability leadership potential!
We are looking for candidates from all academic disciplines since we believe a diversity is the way forward. You can start your application today and in the middle of December a jury consisting of representatives from ASAP and our industry partners will carefully select 18 ASAP Leaders. As one of the selected students you’re already a hero and a winner, but we want to help you to level up your game as a sustainability leader. That’s why we have designed an intense, rewarding, all-inclusive 4-day training in Stockholm on January 25th- 28th 2020! ASAP believes that businesses are part of the solution in the transition to a sustainable society and therefore we do this in partnership with our partners Accenture, LRF, SCA and Stena Recycling.
A core component of the training will be to work on solving complex societal challenges that our industry partners bring to the table. In doing so, you’ll get a hands-on experience from an innovation process in combination with other modules to develop your skills: pitch training, group dynamics, self-leadership sessions, late-night reflections to name a few.
The preliminary schedule looks like this, all modules are not mentioned:
- January - Preparations: Readings and video conferences with your team and our partners.
- Day 1 - Saturday January 25th: We kick off the training together in the morning to learn more about the days to come and engage in various activities to get to know each other. Evening: Dinner and reflections on sustainability leadership
- Day 2 - Sunday January 26th: Introduction you to the topic of innovation and the challenges presented by the partners, followed by a massive idea generation. Evening: Dinner and Late-night reflections
- Day 3 - Monday January 27th: A whole day where we alter presentations of ideas with coaching/feedback from the partners, and the goal is to finalize the pitch deck. Evening: Dinner and reflections on sustainability leadership
- Day 4 - Tuesday January 28th: Pitch practice and preparation for the Graduation Ceremony. Evening: Graduation of ASAP Leaders with a final pitch and celebrations together with partners, friends and the press.
- Day 5 - Wednesday January 29th: We check-out in the morning and say good bye - for this time.
But the Graduation Ceremony is only the end of the beginning. As a selected ASAP Leader 2020 you will pass your insights and learnings forward during the year and thereby practicing a key leadership skill - to inspire and engage others.
Curious to know more about what happened last year? Scroll down and check out last year's experience below!
ASAP is powered by Sustainergies and Ecolabelling Sweden and carried out in partnership with our industry partners:
I'M SOLD – LET'S APPLY!
- Currently a student in higher education in Sweden?
- Ready to take on a challenging, intense yet incredibly rewarding experience as an ASAP Leader ?
- 100% committed to be present full time January 25th -28th?
- To further boost a global and systemic mindset?
- To boost your collaboration skills needed to solve complex challenges?
- To spark your curiosity and critical thinking?
- To be outside the box to build courage?
- To know yourself and others better in order to grow your grit?
December 4th, 23.59
Presenting the ASAP Leaders
ASAP Leaders in Stocholm
ASAP Leaders Graduation
HOW TO APPLY
1. CLICK "APPLY NOW"
Easy peasy! Just click on the button below and add your email address and you'll get an automatic email with the link to the application . If you already applied to one of our local events you will start your application using the link in the email that has been sent to you.
2. COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION BY DECEMBER 4TH
We really encourage you to spend some time on the application, because a large part of it is about your own reflections. The application consists of 4 sections where we ask you to:
- Share some basic information for our eligibility check-up!
- Share your perspective and some personal thoughts on a sustainability challenge and team-work
- Record a 75 sec video reflecting on what sustainability means you and how you would make the most out of this opportunity
- Share some insights and preferences (answers here will not influence our selection)
You can always start and come back later, but the deadline to submit your final application is December 4th 23.59, so don’t wait too long!
3. WAIT... UNTIL DECEMBER 13TH
You have now done your part and all you can do now and hope for the best. From December 5th the jury will go through all applications and select 18 students based on the selection criteria below. On the end of day Friday December the 13th you will find out if you are selected, on the waiting list or if you didn't make it this time. In case you get offered a spot, you need to confirm your participation by December 16th at the latest. On the 18th you'll get all information you need to prepare.GOT IT - LET'S APPLY NOW
- Eligibility: To be eligible you need to be a student enrolled in the Swedish higher education system during spring semester of 2020 and we believe you'll get the most out of it if you have studied a few years already. You also need be fully available to participate on site in Stockholm from Saturday Jan 25th (morning) to Wednesday Jan 29th (morning) with no exceptions.
- Diversity: Our goal is to have the greatest possible diversity with respect to academic disciplines, experiences, perspectives and gender. This plays an important role in our final selection and we believe collaboration and partnerships are crucial for sustainability.
- Sustainability leadership potential: Everyone can become a sustainability leaders and we hope to find the ones most likely to succeed. That's why we go beyond a formal resumé and instead ask you elaborate on sustainability and leadership in both text and video.
18 Nov 2019
Video post - experience ASAP 2018
In 2018 we launched ASAP and our sustainability leadership training for students! We strived to empower students by inviting them to collaborate with our partners from different industries. The result was a powerful experience for all participants!
Watch the video below to see the full story, and stay tuned for what is to come in 2019!